Funds Availability Disclosure
Download Disclosure here: Funds Availability Policy Disclosure
This Disclosure describes your ability to withdraw funds at Tucson Old Pueblo Credit Union. It only applies to the availability of funds
in transaction accounts. The credit union reserves the right to delay the availability of funds deposited to accounts that are not
transaction accounts for periods longer than those disclosed in this policy. Please ask us if you have a question about which accounts
are affected by this policy.
1. General Policy. Our policy is to make funds from Wire transfers, electronic direct deposits, and cash deposits available to you
on the business day your deposit is received. Check deposits will generally be made available the same business day however; some
circumstances may cause a delay in the availability of your funds. These circumstances are described in more detail below. Once
funds are available, you can withdrawal them or use them to pay checks and other items. For determining the availability of your
deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a deposit on a day we are not
open or at a night depository, we will consider the deposit was made on the next business day we are open. If you have withdrawn
funds that we have made available to you and the check(s) is returned unpaid, you are responsible for the check(s) and any applicable
2. Reservation of Right to Hold. In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the
next business day after we receive your deposit. Depending on the type of check that you deposit, funds may not be available until
the second business day after the day of your deposit. However, the first $200.00 of your deposit will be available on the first business
day after the day of your deposit. If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the next business day,
we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made
directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the
next business day after we receive your deposit. If you will need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the
funds will be available.
3. Longer Delays May Apply. We may delay your ability to withdraw funds deposited by check into your account an additional
number of days for these reasons:
• We believe a check you deposit will not be paid.
• You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000 on any one day.
• You deposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
• You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six (6) months.
• There is an emergency, such as failure of communications or computer equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be
available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
4. Special Rules for New Accounts. If you are a new member, the following special rules will apply during the first thirty (30) days
your account is open.
Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of
cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,000 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s, certified, teller’s, traveler’s, and federal, state, and local
government checks will be available on the next business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions.
For example, the checks must be payable to you. The excess over $5,000 will be available on the seventh business day after the day
of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S. Treasury check) is not made in person to one of our employees,
the first $5,000 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. Funds from all other check deposits
will be available on the seventh business day after the day of your deposit. Funds from deposits of checks drawn on Tucson Old
Pueblo Credit Union will be available on the same business day as the day of your deposit.
5. Deposits at Nonproprietary ATMs. Funds from any deposits (cash or checks) made at automated teller machines (ATMs) we
do not own or operate will not be available until the third business day after the date of your deposit. This rule does not apply at ATMs
that we own or operate. All ATMs that we own or operate are identified as our machines.
6. Foreign Checks. Checks drawn on financial institutions located outside the U.S. (foreign checks) cannot be processed the same
as checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions. Foreign checks are exempt from the policies outlined in this disclosure. Generally, the
availability of funds for deposits of foreign checks will be delayed for the time it takes us to collect the funds from the financial institutions
upon which it is drawn